Friday 26 January 2007

Added folder icons to each country - thx to Chi3f

I am happy to see things developing so fast. I just put an announcement for this project on the various XBMC-forums and got instant reply :) It seems like I hit the nerve and many of you seem to be happy with the idea of having an all-in-one solution for XBMC streaming video (Plz tell me if this is total crap!).

One of the replies on the project announcement I received today made me extremely happy! I received a message from Chi3f who is coder on the XBMC skinning project named XTV (a VERY mature attempt to bring the look and feel of Apple's iTV to XBMC). He told me he liked the idea of a XBMC stream collection so much he wanted to contribute. And that is why he created a set of 11 icons - you got it, one icon for each country currently in the set.

Here's a sample of what one of the icons actually looks like:

I think they look GREAT! So if you change your view settings in your XBMC folders to "Big icons" you will be able to view these icons in your folder view (There will be a wiki article coming up in a few days covering that feature). I hope you like them. As new countries are being added to the stream collection new folder icons will be added aswell. So stay tuned...

I want to thank Chi3f for the really great work! To be honest you added something to the stream collection I haven't thought of before :-)

As you can see this project lives from YOUR help! So if you feel you can contribute to the project in any way plz send me a short note.

That's all for now folks ;-)

BTW, Chi3f gave me another valuable present for the stream collection. But that will be added in a few days....

BTW2: Stay tuned with Project XTV, seems like one of the hottest skinning projects for XMBC

No comments: